Become Part of the Movement
Inaugurated in 1985, MIFO’s first cultural centre was perfectly suited to the expectations of the community. It provided us with the tools and spaces to meet the needs of our clientele. In 40 years, this demand has continued to increase. MIFO has grown and is now constricted in its current space.
With your support, we are now undertaking the largest infrastructure project in our proud history: revitalizing and expanding our spaces, so that we may pursue our mission and provide a gathering place adapted to the needs of Francophones and Francophiles of Ottawa’s East end.
With this important project, we will have the space to welcome and gather people who want to flourish in French. In the New MIFO, Francophones and Francophiles of all ages will have a space to create memories, meet, exchange, and grow.
Your New MIFO
New modern, relevant and useable spaces
- Multi-storey building.
- Bright and spacious lobby, including a café.
- Big gymnasium for sports and recreational activities.
- Studio for the performing arts and Théâtre du Village d’Orléans community theatre company.
- Creation room for artists in residence.
- Youth room.
- Multipurpose banquet hall.
- New art gallery to offer a greater diversity of exhibits.
- More multipurpose rooms for inspiring encounters.
- Greater number of rooms to cultivate talent at the Music School.
An environment that will allow our community to continue to grow
- Welcoming, safe building.
- Accessible to people with reduced mobility.
- Green spaces.
- Dynamic atmosphere encouraging intercultural and multigenerational exchanges.
- Diversification of artistic activities: performances, movies, and art exhibits.
- Increased number of courses, activities, and workshops offered to children, teenagers, adults, and those 50 and older.
- Administrative offices adapted to the needs and anticipated growth of MIFO teams.
- Creation of many local jobs.
"I grew up with it and it helped me forge my Francophone identity. I have so many memories accumulated over the years at MIFO, especially within the walls of our Cultural Centre. It is now time to build a New MIFO in our image: innovative, dynamic, creative, ecological, accessible, multigenerational, multicultural and last but not least, Francoproud."
Partner at Fasken and campaign chair
To make a donation by credit card or debit, please fill out this form. For all other payment methods, please contact our campaign office:
613 830-6436 ext. 235 or email@example.com.
Check out the major fundraising campaign's FAQ or contact our campaign office.
- In person: 6600, Carrière Street (Operating hours.)
- By phone: 613 830-6436 ext. 235
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org